To help bring spark joy and creativity during this time, the City of Duluth is excited to announce the very first Duluth Shines virtual talent competition!
This competition is open to amateur participants of all ages. There will be two rounds with the first round being judged by Mayor Nancy Harris, Eddie Owen of Eddie Owen Presents at the Red Clay Theater and Jordan Sasser from season 15 of American Idol. In the second and final round you, the audience, will choose the winner! Winner(s) will receive a $50 gift card to a local business.
All applications must be submitted by end day on May 1, 2020. The contestants that make it to the final round will be notified by May 8, 2020 and the winner will be chosen via Facebook Live on May 13, 2020.
“We think this is a great way for our community to stay connected from a distance and we can’t wait to see all of the talent submissions” said City of Duluth Events Coordinator Kristin Edwards.
Complete Contest Rules:
1. No professional entries allowed. Contestant has never been paid for performing this talent.
2. All talent submissions must be family friendly.
3. Videos must be less than 5 minutes long.
4. All contestants must be of 18 years of age or older or have consent from a parent/guardian.
5. Group submissions are permitted.
6. Winner(s) will receive a $50 gift card to a local business.
How to Enter:
1. Record a video of you performing your talent and upload to YouTube.
2. Fill out the application HERE and be sure to include a direct link to your YouTube video.
3. All applications must be submitted by May 1, 2020.
3. Our three judges will review the video submissions by May 8, 2020. The final round will consist of no more than 20 contestants. The contestants that make it to the final round will be notified by May 8th.
4. The winner will be chosen by the public via Facebook Live on May 13, 2020.
If you have additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good afternoon, did you receive my entry for my son Peyton Harvey? I did not get a confirmation email when I submitted it. Thanks.
Hi Estella! Peyton’s entry has been received. We are waiting on our final judge to submit their votes and we will be alerting all contestants to their status by the end of the day. Thank you!
Thank you so much. I received the email today re status :-).