It’s an early fall Fridays-N-Duluth that might be cooler in temperature but HOT with activities when STE(A)M debuts at the event this Friday, October 23! The evening will be filled with the wonders of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STE(A)M) to be enjoyed by all ages, and also includes a concert by crowd-favorite The Regulars Band, all occurring in Downtown Duluth. As with every Fridays-N-Duluth, the fun begins at 6:00 p.m. and ends at 9:00 p.m.
STE(A)M activities are kid friendly and include interactive displays sponsored by community groups, companies and individuals that challenge keen minds and demonstrate how everyday items can be used in imaginative and innovative ways. Scheduled STE(A)M participants and programs include:
- Freeze Cream is a local vendor of delicious organic ice cream and uses the freezing properties of Nitrogen to instantaneously make this favorite summer treat! A Freeze Cream representative will demonstrate to the STE(A)M audience how rapidly ice cream can be created using Nitrogen, and will share the yummy results of this “scientific dessert!”
- The Duluth Police Department’s Command Unit will demonstrate crime-fighting technology used to keep area citizens safe.
- The Atlanta Astronomy Club will offer star-gazing via an on-site telescope for Fridays-N-Duluth
- Georgia Gwinnett College will host Lego Robotics and what can be built from this timeless childhood favorite. The GGC booth will also include programs about the fascination of soap bubbles and the creative skills of Origami.
- C3 Glass Art Studio will offer glass-blowing demonstrations and the unique items that can be made from this ancient art form.
- Destination Imagination will offer the seasonal sport of Pumpkin Chunking for those who want to challenge their strength and distance skills and go beyond pumpkin carving and pie eating!
- PNC Bank will distribute pre-Halloween candy via their Treat Truck for ghouls of all ages.
- “Mathnasium” will test math skills and highlight the importance of math in everyday life.
Also occurring during this evening of fun-filled activities will be the Fridays-N-Duluth favorite games of Life-Sized Checkers, Chess, Connect 4, and Hi-Towner. Downtown Duluth shops will remain open and food options for Friday dining will abound.
Duluth-favorite The Regulars Band will be the featured group for this October 23rd Fridays-N-Duluth. Brother, Lee, and sister, Lindsey, Smith will take the Duluth Town Green Stage for this event. Backed by band members Douglas Ehlen on electric guitar, Clay Davis on “funky bass”, and Elliott Phillips on drums, this group always gives the Duluth crowd a night of “equal parts Rock and Funk, with a whole lot of Soul sprinkled on top!”
Howl on the Green and the last scheduled Fridays-N-Duluth on October 30th will invade the Duluth Town Green with ”howling” ghosts and goblins. More ghoulish details will be coming.
Thank you Duluth residents for a memorable Fridays-N-Duluth season! But do not miss these final two Friday night things to do in Duluth that will be two October nights to remember, with unique events, family fun, and great live music!